Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
December 29, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I too have Emphzema. Woke up in the Hospital abt. 7 yrs ago with an oxygen mask on, there telling me i had maybe a yr to live. I have my breathing meds 4 times a day. And oxygen 24/7. If i do what i am suppose to do i do pretty darn good. I do get down sometimes. Just run out of breath. I have lost alot of weight. To much the Dr says. But i just can't eat much anymore. My friend who takes what i do has the opposite problem she has gained alot.

January 1, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Not everyone has a major chronic bronchitis element to their COPD. I don't, so most of the time I don't cough. When I do get something respiratory, I usually do have a cough.....just like you.

December 29, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I think it affects people in different ways. When I get sick I always get a cough that lasts months. It's the worst part.

December 29, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Emphysema - most of the time, no cough or expectorating.
COPD = most with cough.

January 1, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have never been able to get any mucus up even when i was givens mucinex tables stills don't cough any mucus up x

January 1, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Johnstown, CO

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Falkirk, UK