Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

It is driving me crazy! I am only getting 2-3 hours of sleep at night since starting this...which is making me feel even more tired! I feel like the lack of sleep is making my COPD worse. I also seem to be coughing more and have more mucus. I am ready to give up on it. Has anyone else had a problem? How long did it take to adjust to it? Any suggestions would be helpful. I have used the CPAP for almost 3 weeks, But have skipped a few nights so I could actually sleep.Thanks.

January 23, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Dandy2day. I have COPD emphysema and sleep apnea. I am on oxygen when needed during the day and my oxygen is attached to my sleep apnea hose son I have it all night. I was diagnosed with COPD in November 2015 and with Sleep Apnea in February 2016. In the beginning I was ready to throw the machine out the window like Trikr but hung in there. It's almost a year and I still have slit of bad nights with the mask. Unfortunately I breathe thru my mouth which is why I have a full mask and can't have just the nose one. I have noticed a big difference though I do not doze off during the day as much like I use to so I definitely sleep with it every night. Hang in there it will get better. You may have good and bad nights but it is VERY important you wear it. Good Luck. Sorry I went on and on ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ keep us all posted

January 23, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I also only get 2-3 hrs sleep a night but i find if i sleep sitting up i can get an extra hr or 2.

January 23, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I have COPD and Sleep Apnea and Oxygen. I have good days and bad days. Riskymisty.

January 23, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member thank you for the encouragement! I will keep trying. Good luck in your journey as well and THANK YOU for you service!!

January 23, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I had a lot of trouble the first few months. I kept adjusting the mask all night and just couldn't sleep. But I tried a different size mask and it was totally different. It fit great and I had no troubles. I won't even try sleeping without my Bipap now. I love it!

January 23, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Subscriber asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
ashboro nc

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Buckie, UK