Can a CPAP machine make COPD and sleep apnea worse?
No, a CPAP machine typically doesn't make COPD worse. In fact, it can be quite helpful when you have both conditions.
CPAP machines are often recommended for people with COPD who also have sleep apnea. The machine helps keep your airways open during sleep, which can Show Full Answer
Can a CPAP machine make COPD and sleep apnea worse?
No, a CPAP machine typically doesn't make COPD worse. In fact, it can be quite helpful when you have both conditions.
CPAP machines are often recommended for people with COPD who also have sleep apnea. The machine helps keep your airways open during sleep, which can improve your breathing and oxygen levels throughout the night.
Many people with COPD find that using a CPAP machine actually helps them:
- Sleep through the whole night
- Wake up feeling more rested
- Have better energy during the day
- Breathe more easily
A MyCOPDTeam member shared: "I had trouble sleeping and felt like my airways were collapsing until I tried CPAP. Now I sleep through the whole night."
It can take some time to adjust to wearing the mask, but most people find the benefits are worth it. If you're experiencing any issues or concerns with your CPAP machine, talk with your healthcare provider. They can help adjust the settings or mask fit to make it more comfortable and effective for you.
April 23
I have a CPAP machine also it doesn't bother me at all. In fact I really kind of think it makes me feel better
April 24