Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hamilton, OH
July 14, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have sleep apnea with my COPD. I have been on a CPAP machine for a while. My main issue with the CPAP is that the mask makes my face itch and I have soreness when the mask needs to be replaced. I have a humidifier with my machine but can't use it. It gets condensation in the mask and tubing then when I change positions in bed the water goes up my nose (this makes me go in to a panic attack because I've never been able to stand water going up my nose). If you haven't already talked to your doctor regarding sleep apnea please do so and he/she can order a sleep study. I hope this helps. God bless you and yours.

July 15, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If you're concerned, talk with your doc to arrange for a sleep study. Sleep apnea can be very serious, so it's not something to ignore.

July 15, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi AngelaMcKee, my husband has sleep apnea and has COPD. He sleeps with a Pap machine and has o2 connected to it.

July 15, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Many people; sleep apnea is often a co-morbidity with COPD. Neither cause the other, but they often accompany one another.

July 14, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have copd and sleep apnea. I found the nasal cushions are much easier to tolerate than the masks.

July 4, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Subscriber asked a question 💭