Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
January 26, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have AARP United Health Care and I pay about $45 for mine.

April 15, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I get my Spirva handihaler free bc I am disabled got through Boehringer / Ingelheim nd my insurance doesnt cover this nor advair 500/50mg of which I also get free

February 8, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Check your formulary for your insurance. The insurance companies are required to carry at least one med in each category, so find out what they will cover and give that a try. Advair, Dulera and Breo are all in the same category of med, so they should offer one of those. The alternative is to order your symbicort from India through All Day Chemist (www.alldaychemist.com). I've used them for over 10 years now. You don't need a prescription, and I can get a six month supply of Advair for about what one would cost me if I paid the full price.

January 26, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Good morning
I know the feeling
Just before open enrollment
We received all the medication books and what each one covered and how much the copay was

After we picked an insurance company that covered what I needed
A month after open enrollment closed
They sent new book

Instead of 3 inhaler copay 125.00
Each inhaler is 125.00

Alldaychemist.com

Got 6 inhalers for 100.00

Laws should be made
That insurance information books
Should be changed before open enrollment
Not after
So people can make an educated decision

If we can't change insurance companies
Expect during open enrollment
They shouldn't be able to make changes either

Slow and steady we go
Prayers go out for us all
Never alone

January 26, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks, @A MyCOPDTeam Member, I made a note of all this very helpful information. I appreciate it.

February 4, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Gastonia, NC