Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Why increase in Symbicort on Part D Plans

October 23, 2019
 · 
Reactions
Learn more about the drug treatment mentioned above.
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If you run across the inhalers that are really expensive, and if you are a veteran, contact the VA about receiving medical benefits. You can get your medication through the VA, but your medical from a civilian Doctor. I get all my tier 1 or tier 2 medicines through my insurance, the medicines that are tier 3 or above, I get though the VA.

November 9, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I think that has to be a typo; I can't imagine anyone thinking they could get 3500 for symbicort. $350 maybe, but not %3500! You best bet is to go to the Medicare website and use their tool by putting in all your meds and then choosing the plan that makes the most sense. Remember to take into account any deductibles and the monthly estimate for your meds. That's the best way to figure out which plan D works best for you.

October 23, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

They made me change. I was able to get it back. I think my dr told them it’s the only thing that worked.

February 15, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My doctor is trying me on Trellegy but I prefer my Symbicort but won't be able to afford it next year so we decided to just move me to another medication based on what the insurance is showing.

October 29, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I don't know how readable that is but that is an estimated 1 month supply of medication and Symbicort is down down on the list at $3,546.42 cents for 1 month.

October 29, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Gastonia, NC

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Livonia, MI