Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Montreal, QC

I have a difficult time in the morning with puffers and meds, breakfast and a shower as the coughing makes me vomit and then I lose everything. Learning to deal with all of this is quite a load and I am feeling a bit down today. Thanks for responses in advance.

May 5, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I think maybe the heat and moisture from a shower works to loosen phlegm and stimulates coughing I would try a lukewarm shower then breakfast.DAH

May 6, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have had that problem at times expecially in the shower. I think the humidity of the bathroom causes the coughing. Maybe you could take your shower before meds or in the evening. I found that spacing out my meds was better for me. Some are taken with food some are empty stomach I even have one that I set my alarm at 3:00am and take. That one has so many things that don't jive with other meds, caffien, and vitamins. Be sure to read the info sheet you get with your perscriptions and ask your pharmisist if your not sure. Sorry my spelling is horrible and I can't find spell check on this laptop!๐Ÿ˜Š

May 11, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

These posts have been very helpful. I take showers 'cause they help clean my sinuses. Nice to know how copd also affects others. I knew I had to keep door open just by trial and error. This is going to be so useful 'cause I'm new at all this.

May 16, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was told to not take too warm of a shower because it can make you cough harder and make it causes shortness of breath. I was told to keep the bathroom door slightly open to allow some of the steam to escape. After I was told this I got to thinking back and realized that was what my problem was. I used to love a nice hot shower, but now they are another thing COPD has taken away from me

May 9, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

i think they should put our meds inhalers etc in an electronic cigarette we would all comply readily ! lol

May 11, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Scotland united Kingdom