Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cork, IE

It was just a post I came across on the site WHICH A NURSE CONFIRMED

May 7, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You are correct about not using petroleum jelly.....however!....... I checked with the pharmacist and use a product called "Ayr" it is a nasal saline gel that I got at Walmart pharmacy......no prescription. Helps w/ the nasal dryness caused by oxygen use.......I use it before putting on the cannula. Good luck, hope this helps!

May 11, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

thanks guys .I was never told this .haven't ever did it but have thought about it several times .

May 9, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The problem is that if your cannula were to be in flames, if you used petroleum based products in your nose, that could feed the fire, and burn your nose; at worst, it could actually take the fire into your lungs. The chances of that happening are slim to none if you're careful. If you're not careful, it could be a major disaster.

May 8, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Crock pot

May 7, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Paul, I don"t use it myself or never heard of anyone that does,as I say it was a post I saw.hopefully that will be helpful for anyone that do use it Breathe easy xx

May 7, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cottonwood Heights, UT

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Benton City, WA