It was just a post I came across on the site WHICH A NURSE CONFIRMED
You are correct about not using petroleum jelly.....however!....... I checked with the pharmacist and use a product called "Ayr" it is a nasal saline gel that I got at Walmart pharmacy......no prescription. Helps w/ the nasal dryness caused by oxygen use.......I use it before putting on the cannula. Good luck, hope this helps!
thanks guys .I was never told this .haven't ever did it but have thought about it several times .
The problem is that if your cannula were to be in flames, if you used petroleum based products in your nose, that could feed the fire, and burn your nose; at worst, it could actually take the fire into your lungs. The chances of that happening are slim to none if you're careful. If you're not careful, it could be a major disaster.
Crock pot
Hi Paul, I don"t use it myself or never heard of anyone that does,as I say it was a post I saw.hopefully that will be helpful for anyone that do use it Breathe easy xx