Medicare doesn't change daily. What does change is the way providers interpret the rules. That's why you need to know what the rules are so you don't get hoodwinked by a provider who's trying to cut their costs.
Hi, Judy I Have a POC that I lease for Lincare in Florida, I get it thought my Medicare supplement with AARP United Healthcare PPO. I pay a $25 a month co-pay to have it. You can not have a POC and little portable oxygen tanks Too. I do have a concentrator and big 02 tanks for in the house. Have a breathe easy day, Peace be with you.
I do not live in Florida, but I have learned that for emergency's you can have a o2 tank and a concentrator,
we loose our power so the concentrator does not work, the tanks are for something like that
Medicare is federally funded and will pay for all on the program. It pays for oxygen and it all starts at your dr's office. He will get the procedures started for you. He will determine if you need oxygen by giving you some tests
I am with United Healthcare thru Medicare, I have both indoor concentrator and portable! They cantor this with a small copay!