Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Trafalgar, IN

Does Medicare pay for a portable oxygen concentrator?

April 5, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have had a portable for years. The insurance companies lease them and Medicare does also they do not buy them out right, if you want to own it you will have to purchase it. Let them lease/rent then you are not responsible for repair or replace I do have to pay a co insurance each month. Contact your insurance company or Medicare find out what you need to do or contact the company where you get your oxygen either way you have to have a prescription to get them/it

April 9, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member honestly not sure which part paid just glad they did. I have had it for several years. It traveled with me to Spain and as it is lightweight not a pain to use.. I got mine thru Medi-Care Diabetic & Medical supplies, Inc. its a Phillips Respironics Simply Go. Terrific customer sevice.
Hugs

April 7, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use one that belongs to a friend and I don't think I want one. It only pulses up to 4L and I was told by my DME that if Medicare pays for a POC, that I can no longer get the bottle tanks. If something happens to it, I'm SOL... It is convenient at times, but sometimes it can be very cumbersome.

April 6, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member get a note from your doctor. They paid for mine. I keep it at my office or pop it in my car. It has charger that fits into lighter of my car, battery so I can roll it without being attached and best of all fts under the plane seat!
Hugs

April 6, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Medicare pays on my oxygen needs and my secondary insurance pays everything else.I am Blessed .

April 17, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Pittsburgh, PA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
St. Paul, MN

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In