Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
August 12
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members discussed the popping sounds made by portable oxygen concentrators (POCs), with many sharing tips on finding quieter options after one... Read more

Members discussed the popping sounds made by portable oxygen concentrators (POCs), with many sharing tips on finding quieter options after one member switched from a tank to an Inogen One 5. Several members recommended the Inogen Rove 6 as the quietest POC available, suggested contacting Main Clinic Supply for comparisons, and noted that a free decibel meter app can help measure machine noise levels. A recurring theme was the importance of researching and buying directly from manufacturers rather than relying on rental companies, which often push older or louder units.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

As far as sound levels go the difference between 37 and 39 you're not going to be able to tell. I don't know anything about this Vita machine. But I spent a long time researching the Inogen and talking directly with the manufacturer sales people. I did not waste my time with the Home Health Care people. I found all of them to be fairly poorly trained and very a knowledgeable about the products. They just push what they have in stock cuz that's what they're told to do. 39 decibels is the same sound level of what you would pay for a $5,000 dishwasher. At 60 decibels that's a $500 dishwasher. At 49 decibels that's the sound of someone typing on a keyboard. Every time you go down three decibels the sound decreases in half. I used to sell appliances I know a little bit about sound. 39 decibels is awesome for quietness. Unfortunately I have to say the dishwasher I have in my house is an older one it works fantastic but it sounds like a jet airplane taking off. I can't wait for it to break and get something new. I wish you luck on your search. Also one of the thing to add I went in and discussed with my home health care equipment supplier after I was able to get them to get me the row 6 she said that she switched everyone to that machine because of all the research I did. They're a good company Inogen.

August 17
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Try background brown noise. There is a continuous track on Spotify sleep sounds, its my lifesaver

August 16
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, on the internet look up MainClinicSupply.com they have a repair department who are very knowledgeable also they sell several different brands of units, both home machines and portable oxygen concentrators. I have delt with them several times for both the big machines and the portable ones. the Inogen Rove 6 is the quietest unit that I have been able to find. I have listened to several different machines and most have the popping sound which is the piston pushing air into a holding chamber and on some machines it is quite loud. I don't really notice it on any of my machines except when I get into the settings of 5 or 6, then it is quite noticeable. down around the 2 or 3 setting its barely noticeable. I bring mine to church all the time and no one has ever made a comment about it or moved away from me because of it. also the setting numbers are not reference numbers for Liters per minute, they're just setting numbers for the machine. you will have to find how much oxygen the machine is providing at the corresponding number setting. The Rove 6 at setting 2 is providing 0.4 lpm and at setting 3 it is 0.6 lpm at setting 6 its providing 1.2 lpm, or one liter point two tenths of a liter. thats its highest setting. the average person has a lung capacity of about 0.8 liters when fully inflated and during normal breathing we take in about 0.5 lpm at rest. hope this helps you out

August 16
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Michael, yes this is a rental. I just switched from my portable tank to the inogen 5 Wednesday. I just curious if the Inogen rove 6 is a little quieter than the 5. I understand they all make noise. I would hope they would have serviced it before they brought it out. I was not aware that in order to get 2L of oxygen it needs to be set on 3. Thank you for responding to my question. This site really helps me with my questions. Great people on here! Hope you’re doing well today. Thank you.

August 14
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Stephen, I’m on 2. Mine is a rental from Apria and they said do not have a Inogen rove six at that store. I don’t mind looking into buying one if it quieter than this five. If you don’t mind me asking, did you just look inogen up online? Thank you so much for all your help. Much appreciated!

August 13

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cambridge, MA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Denver, CO

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In