Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Littlehampton, UK

In the area I live in which is Littlehampton west sussex uk we are not given meds for a nebulizer until very late stages although I have asked for one has I am severe and I think it would help when I'm really bad what are peoples thoughts on this

July 2, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am 72 years old. Do some excise and eat healthy don't snack hardly am hungry. Have to force myself to eat most of the time. Every night I tell my daughter I will be here in the morning. She tells me the same. I have taken my life back. Breath easy my friend.

July 16, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Here in the States we can have a nebulizer early on . I have had one for years as I have asthma as well and I get a years supply of meds . I use two , Albuterol and Ipratopium when I am " tight " and have shortness of breath ..If you had your own neb would your doctor give you the meds ? I can give myself treatments every 4 hours if needed . I do not take treatments every day but when I need one I have it..After a treatment I breathe so much better and can go from 90-91 up to 94- 95 . I was diagnosed in 1984 and still doing pretty well . I would be lost without the neb and in the hospital ER often ..
Is it like that with every doctor or just yours ?
Breathe easy and rest if needed .

July 2, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I failed to mention that I took myself offf the oxygen ... lost
50 lbs and trying for 25 more ... started walking .. was only doing it for little amts off the rollator but now I put the rollator in storage and walk 5 miles 3 times a week. Force yourself it isn't easy ... get out of that chair. Eat healthy stop snacking and take your life back. You can do it!

July 15, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

A nebulizer is a must for any stage of copd. You might want to relocate... It sounds like you have to be near death before they help you. Being as energetic as you can will help you feel better. Walk... lose weight if you need to. Stay active. Don't just sit in a chair and give in to it. You should be on inhalers as well for maintenance. Proventil for flare ups and emergencies. I was on oxygen for a year and it was the worst year of my life.. Getting tangled up in the hose , dragging it everywhere , everybody tripping on it or standing on it. What a pain. I rarely left the house because dragging the i2 around was a nuisance. I also was on a rollator walker. Yep I felt like giving up. God gave me strength to fight that and now my is 100 percent changed for the best. Never give up, You can do it!

July 13, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have had a nebulizer for 2 years. Sometimes I use it 1 or 2 times a day. Then there are other times when I can go for a week without using it. Its nice to have and my breathing sometimes depends on the weather outside if it is humid or not. i am severe but I don't feel that way. I would ask your doctor for one and see what they say. Its just extra added help if you need it. Take Care!

July 3, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Poway, CA