Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Huntington Beach, CA

i am curious if you use scooter or wheelchair. I am finding it harder and harder to do distance even with 02. I have done rehab and go to gym for light exercise. I can do treadmill at low speed for 15 min on good day which pretty much wipes me out. . I try and stay busy around house and do my own grocery shopping.but finding it harder to go places if there is much walking involved. I go slow and take breaks but just want go home, not enjoyable. I don't want be a couch potato. I would like to… read more

July 7, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Never never be ashamed of who we are.

July 23, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi victorino why don't you use a walker on wheels I bought one it folds up and goes into my car as I have to carry oxygen it is also handy to hang my shopping bag on the handle bars it's the best £35 I have spent I can't walk about the shops for a few hours with no problems Dorothy Hartlepool UK 🇬🇧

July 11, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have to admit I take breaks on my walks! I am not ashamed of it! I enjoy getting out of the house! God bless and may He shine on you! Sending hugs love and prayers

July 8, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It sounds to me like you need a new focus on your exercise program; one that leads to increase in stamina and endurance. Do you use an oximeter to monitor your O2 sats while you exercise? If they go down, do you crank up the O2? That's something that may help quite a lot. I'd talk with your doc about what you're experiencing and get some ideas from her. If you don't see a pulmonologist, I'd suggest you find one. Talk about pulmonary rehab. See if that's a possibility for you.

That said, I have used a scooter at two big conferences that required lots of long distances that needed to be covered in short periods of time. The scooter worked perfectly. I'd recommend one of them for two reasons: you're less likely to use it in your home, which means you'll continue to be up and moving about except when you need to cover long distances and don't want to arrive worn out from the walk and carrying your O2. You'd be tempted to use a wheelchair in your home, reducing your ability to continue to walk; you don't want that.

July 7, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you so much Jael! I hope you can find the same healthiness I did. Never give up ! Better Breathing Always!

July 15, 2017

Related Questions

View All