I know this is affecting my breathing, my incisional hernia and my very low self-esteem. I quit smoking 4-years ago, cold-turkey, on the day of my diagnosis and hospital stay. It's hard to exercise because I lose my breath very quickly and then that leads to severe anxiety, etc. It's like a vicious circle and it needs to stop. What are good foods to eat that won't make me lose weight and how do you all handle this? I see a lot of people lose weight. Not me. I've Googled all the foods to eat and… read more
Prednisone will increase your appetite along with the other Steroids.Also will retain water and swell you up.
I quit smoking 4 years ago and gained close to 35#......I can tell you what foods not to eat.....lol.....and I still eat at night.....eat more fruit....salads and I the to eat apple slices in between meals.....I have cut out late night meals except for apple slices......seems to help since I have lost some weight
@A MyCOPDTeam Member
Is that your question
If so call your dr and get a script for
Pulmonary rehab please
Do it at hh
Prayers go out for you
Slow and steady we go
Just take things easy and seek help and advice from your COPD coordinator or doctor. My prayers go out to you
Respects Phil
I also gained weight and in the stomach area it runs in my fathers family so I like to blame him (haha). I too get extremely hungry at night and grab the wrong foods, I am also diabetic so I try to follow a diabetic diet of course it's easier said and done and a lot of sugar free food is not fat free. Popcorn is a good snack at night. I also tried eating dinner later hoping I would not get hungry at night and sometimes it works. I find that if I am on my computer at night I don't seem to snack however, sitting and watching TV makes me hungry. I work in my yard maybe 2 hrs a day, walking is a good exercise, I take a hit of my rescue inhaler about 15 mins before any activity and it helps when I get out of breath I sit and relax. The key stop before your gasping for breath. I will be 65 this year and I know I will not go back to the weight I was at 55 but if I could lose 10lbs a year I would be happy I would like to lose 25 lbs I also was uncomfortable to see friends I hadn't seen for awhile but eventually you get use to it (don't know if that is good or bad). This is a hard disease and it is hard for people to understand but good friends and family will make it easier and the heck with what anyone else thinks. Hope this finds you well.