Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Colorado Springs, CO
July 24, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

A while back I asked about trials and if I could register on a list and I was told there isn't any trials in the UK it's hard to get on any regester my sister has also asked her doctors she is fighting breast cancer I know their is a lot of people waiting to go on trial regester just hope a solution is found sooner than later Dorothy Hartlepool UK 🇬🇧

August 9, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

ty jean. however, I do use my chain tube 24/7. Glad to hear it's common. I'd heard it was rare. wheeewwwww.

July 24, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have been in many trials by one very well known practice. Because of these trials, I have found things that help, things to hat don't (they check you closely) . I too have very little income but am reimbursed by the trials that helped out in hard times. God bless the trials and nurses that run them! They helped make my breathing and life less tumultuous.

August 6, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

ty again jean but I doubt there are very many at my stage/condition who'd say they feel lucky enough to do it. I may be way off base but I fear some of the meds on some of the trials could leave a patient worse off than if they'd not tried them. I fear the end results are based on ppl. not as sick as me. you know, like how they use 25 to 30 yr old models to sell face cream to women over 50. lol. if that makes sense.

July 26, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Clearly you're not going to do it, and that's fine. Just please understand that's your choice, and your lung function would not exclude you from many trials.

July 25, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Salt Lake City, UT