Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
London, UK

Can anyone tell me what the ideal criteria are for the LVRS procedure using coils? I have very low FEV only 25% but otherwise no other health issues.

August 10, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Talk with your consultant. Everything that's currently being tested here is available in GB and the rest of Europe. I'd surely think that a consultant at Bromptom would be aware of everything that's available in the valve, vent, coil, etc world. At the American Thoracic Society's annual conference I attended a session where pulmonologists/surgeons from all over Europe reported on what they've learned about the Bronchoscopic LVR options, and it was all very positive. We're just waiting for PulmonX to be approved here and many of us are hoping that we'll be good candidates for their intervention.

August 10, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The people in the US who have had them done were all in clinical trials; otherwise, you would have to go to Europe to have them done. I don't believe there are any clinical trials using any of them at this time, at least none that are recruiting patients. BTW, the term that is used is Endobronchial LVR; it applies to any of the vents, valves, coils, steam and glue versions of the treatment. PulmonX has their product at the FDA right now, and hope to have approval for use in the US by the end of the year.

August 10, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I saw something on tv about a year ago on this coil project is it working well in the uk ?

August 1, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member Please explain what PulmonX is?

August 20, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you Jean. I am under a consultant at the Brompton at present and I think they might be going to trial this again. Not sure though. I had heard it is a very strict criteria to get on these trials, just wondered what would rule me out, but I guess I will just have to wait and see.

August 10, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Birmingham city

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Greenville, NC

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Valparaiso, IN