Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Buckie, UK

I was advised to get one as I no longer can sleep in bed I have to sleep sitting up on couch as I wake up in panic not being able to breathe

January 1, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you this is a very old post am all sorted now , thanks , I got a sleep apnea machine and now get between 6-7 hours rest a night 😀👍👍

August 30, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

CPAP i.e. Constant Positive Air Pressure? I got my first one 10 years ago. It has been a literal life saver for me. I went from getting a couple hours of sleep a night to getting a full 9 hours. It has help my quality of life tremendously.
One problem for some, is getting used to the CPAP. If you can get used to it, it's very beneficial.

August 29, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use my c-pap nightly. Have done so for a few years. I had to do sleep studies and the Drs put me on my machine. It has literally saved my life because I quit breathing many times during the night. I live in the desert and I need one with a water tank. Maybe you should check it out and breathe better.

January 19, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I just received "my" new CPAP machine. Set it up and enjoyed good sleep. Would believe I just received another one today, from another vender. After yelling and screaming for a new one, now I have 2. The 2nd one is different from the one I got last week. Think I shall stick with #1. Because I live in the Desert, I have to have a water chamber, I can't live with out it now.

September 2, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sorry for the delayed response.
CPAP stands for continuous positive airway pressure. It is a form of therapy for obstructive sleep apnea, a condition that causes pauses in breathing during sleep due to a blocked or collapsed airway. A CPAP machine delivers a constant flow of air through a mask or nosepiece to keep the airway open and prevent interruptions in breathing. CPAP can help improve sleep quality and reduce daytime sleepiness. (Copied from Microsoft’s Bing)

September 1, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Coraopolis, PA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Altoona, PA