Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Dumont, NJ

I have been on various inhalers for COPD. None of them help since I can't breathe them deeply enough into my lungs. Doc put me on nebulizer, but the Albuterol leaves me very shaky and my heart rate goes way up. I'm seeing him again on 1-18 and will ask him about Xoponex which supposedly does not have the same effects as Albuterol. Has anyone heard of, or tried, Xoponex? Thank you.

January 15, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have 3 different inhalers , But have Found the Himalayan Salt pipe Helps Me a lot .

January 15, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

May I ask what a salt pipe is? Thank you!

January 15, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Went to see my doc on 1-18, and just as I thought, I've got bronchitis again. He gave me a shot of prednisone since my breathing was rough, and a 6-day supply of oral prednisone, plus an antibiotic. He also wrote the script for Xoponex for my nebulizer. Picking script up today and hoping it works better for me than the albuterol. Thank you for your suggestion.

January 20, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

shaky is Normal most everyone gets some shakes, try doing 1/2 treatment at a time, I have gotten use to it and no longer get shaky the Neb works the best for me and really helps maybe your doc can reduce the Dosage?

January 20, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Like it says a pipe with Himalayan salt in it. Helps your breathing I guess like living on the coast and salt air

January 16, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bloomfield, NJ

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ledyard, CT