Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Innisfail, AB

One side affect of prednisone is shortness of breath. Has anyone ever started on prednisone while they already have SOB? Did your shortness of breath worsen.

February 2, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Prednisone isn't suppose to cause sob so this is something that should be checked out. I've taken and its always made me breath a whole lot easier so please call your Doctor right away.

February 5, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Prednisone does not make you sob. In fact, it reduces the inflammation in the lungs and opens them up so you can breathe better. What you're describing may be an allergic reaction to prednisone for which you should seek medical help.

February 3, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Im on prednisone now and no i never haf sob while on it it helped my sob

March 26, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

SOB got so bad I ended up going to emergency every week. They then decided I was allergic to it and put me on dexamethasone, but end up with the same problem. I believe after a while ones body can be saturated by meds to where the result is negative.

March 23, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I don't have any shortness of breath when taking Prednisone. It actually cuts down on sob. You are probably having a reaction to it. Please talk to your doctor.

February 3, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Edmonton, AB