Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oak Forest, IL

I've been searching the internet for success stories of people who have taken control of their COPD. I found quite a few testimonials of people that got their doctors to write a prescription for medical marijuana; not the smoking kind, but the oil, which is free of THC. They say when they take it, it instantly opens their airways. One guy said he went from being on constant oxygen and nearly bed ridden, to being able to go outside, walk, go back to work, etc. He still uses oxygen, but not nearly… read more

March 6, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You're talking about CBD? I know it helps, I've vaped it before and it does make breathing quite a bit easier. But if you're gonna use it you need to get "Full Spectrum" CBD. It does have THC in it, but no where enough to ever feel anything from it, like .2% max. CBD needs THC to open the receptors in your body, to allow them to absorb the CBD. I'm sure you've heard of the marijuana called Charlot's Web? 2 brothers in Colorado developed it to help a young girl with her seizures, she was having 100's of them a day. It's CBD pot, but it has a trace amount of THC to activate the CBD. There's a video about it on YouTube. I suffer from neuropathy from an injury, and have tried everything for the pain, CBD helps that too.

March 7, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks for that chef! What state do you live in and how do you get your CBD? I live in Illinois and COPD is not on the list of diseases where one can get it. I'm sure there's ways around it though.

March 7, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I just started using the oil and can say I sleep so much better and I have only been on it a couple weeks

March 31, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

When I say CBD is illegal, I mean you either can't get it at all, or you need to have a medical marijuana card to get it. Here it's completely legal, quite a few health food stores have it for sale. But pure CBD is quite expensive, so that's why I go for the vaper kind for my e-cigarette. I believe the Dr's name was Dr Mechoulam. He is worth checking out, I know he has a couple videos on YouTube, makes it easier when you don't have to read everything. Good luck, and if you need to know anything else do not be afraid to ask, I've been dealing with COPD for about 20 years.

March 11, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I know this woman back home that had Stage 4 Lung Cancer. She started taking the Marijuana Pills & she looked Good @ Xmas & that was quite a few Yrs ago she was Diagnosed! I read lots of Good things on the Internet about it if their all true??

March 30, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Callington

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
st helen,s merseyside