Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Paris, TN

Hi everyone, I have been wanting to buy a memory foam mattress but really worried about it. Heard the memory foam can be great. All the Chemicals really have me concerned that I read about. Does anyone own one and any problems with breathing if you do?? Thanks for any replies.

March 25, 2018
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have used one for 8 yrs now wouldn't be without it you could try a foam bed topper just to see if ithey suits you and if OK buy the expensive mattress later hope you all havelse a easy day Dorothy Hartlepool UK

April 16, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I had a memory foam topper for several years and an eggcrate topper too. No problems.

April 16, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

We have a Temperpedic mattress. No problems. Both my husband and I are very sensitive to chemicals and we haven't had any problems.

April 15, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have found Sattva or the Purple Mattress are the two best. No allergy or breathing problems with them at all. I also have a10 inch Comfort mattress upstairs on a Trundle Bed...which gives the body and much more patterend layer of support. Either way you go, make sure you get one you can try for 30 days and return at no extra cost. It's ridiculous what we pay for mattresses as it it. Good luck..

March 31, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I am on to my second foam mattresses topper not as expensive as the mattress and if you don't like it you are not wasting a lot of money but I couldn't go back to sleeping on my original mattress so comfortable for a good night's sleep

March 29, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Thornton, CO

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fayetteville, AR