Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Colchester, UK
April 29, 2018
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It depends on the individual. Some people use them with no problems at all, others have a terrible time and they can trigger exacerbations. Scents are something that you simply can't say "don't ever use" because some people really like them and don't have any problems and others have terrible problems. You just have to try them and see what happens.

April 29, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was using them but my sense of smell is gone for some reason but anyway I just started to go "no sense makes the best sense" as I saw that post on a hospital door one time and it does make sense for COPD suffers, I loved Mr. Clean for cleaning but now I use vinegar and baking soda in hot water for cleaning and it makes the house smell fresh so the ad says and I use it on my walls to wash them down and noticed things like using hair spray makes me cough so starting to think different and better, breathe easy

May 2, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

They can be very harmful to dogs also. I don't use them at all since it affects my breathing.

April 30, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi this LAP,
air freshers for me are very bad, along with chemicals in the kitchen/ house.thee is nothing like being in the desert breathing CLEAN AIR. It really makes a difference in me.

April 30, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bristol, CT

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bristol, CT

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bristol, CT