Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hull, UK

diagnosed in 2000 with COPD on salbtamol,forstair spiriva get v out of breath quickly,stopped smoking 5wks ago but am vaping i read somewhere re life expectancey can ny1 shed a light for me pls

May 21, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Vaping is as bad as smoking they are finding out........don't put anything in your lungs except fresh air!!! And, to put vaping in already damaged lungs is not good in my opinion......... @A MyCOPDTeam Member ... now it is not easy......had to ask God to take away my desire and He did......Life expectancy is up to God, not man...........

May 23, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm still alive and have been attached to oxygen 24/7 for 17 years.

June 4, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I smoked for 44 years and used patches for 4 months to quit. Stop smoking everything! Vaping is just as bad as sickarettes.

June 1, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Madheadbichy17 I smoked for 44 years and quit 6 years ago with the aid of vaping. I went to zero nicotine within 2 months and used a butterscotch flavour so as not be having the flavour reminder of cigarettes. I quit vaping last year because I finally came to terms with my hand to mouth habit , followed by a cloud of smoke/moisture. According to my doctor the vaping didn't harm or help my copd status. I'm 66 with no other medical issues and have taken a pulmonary rehabilitation course in order to get my ability to exercise back to normalish. No expert but I would think life expectancy would be different for everyone based on their overall health etc.

May 27, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Madheadbichy17 is in the United Kingdom. They have very strict controls on electronic cigarettes in the UK. We have NO controls in the US. So vaping in the UK is a totally different kind of experience than here in the US. I wouldn't suggest that anyone use e-cigs in the US because they are totally uncontrolled. You have NO CLUE regarding what's in them here. In the UK, you know exactly what you're getting. BIG DIFFERENCE!

May 24, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Deltona, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In