i do not seem to hold my urin sometimes does this happen to u do not know why
Yes I was told when I am short of breath this happens due to your bladder being the last place Oxygen reaches as well as your bowels. I’ve often got off the loo gone a short distance to sit but need to wee again due to being breathless hope this helps, I’ve actually started to buy the Tena pants for when I’m out and about they’re a godsend
Yes I wear a Mimi pad for that. I was told that our adrenal gland lays on our kidney and when we get too active or have anxiety
Panty liners work great if you're a woman. If you are short of breath that might be the problem.
@A MyCOPDTeam Member, it happens to me when I have a flare up, that is what I call it but others call it exacerbation (spelt wrong likely) I have to use something at that time as my cough is bad, a few times it happened at other times but not often when I am not coughing, my biggest thing is trying to find out why my toes are swollen, feels like they were frozen, breath easy today and have a good day
it can happen for a variety of reasons, and in your shoes, I'd at least talk with your PCP about it, because there are a number of possible causes, and COPD is only one. And just because you have COPD doesn't mean there might not be other things contributing as well, so do talk with your doc. What happens with COPD is that when your O2 saturation goes down (when you're exerting yourself, for instance), you brain send the available O2 to the vital organs and your bladder doesn't qualify, so it's hard to hold your urine in. You might want to invest in an oximeter so you know whether that's contributing to your problem. If it is and your O2 sats are below 88, you would qualify for supplemental O2 and should get it.