Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Reynolds, IL

I take both @symbicort and @spiriva and i am having throat problems.Is this common?

June 9, 2018 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I take Symbicort
and they finally came up with a generic but my insurance will not let me get the generic because they have a contract with the name brand.

September 18, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You are required to rinse your mouth out after taking any of these inhalers. If you don't then you can develop thrust and other problems.

June 11, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I agree I ask questions about these inhalers and get no answers! I have no many things im dealing with high blood pressure that sent me to hospital of 198/158 no answer as to why M.S for 21years and these inhalers that kills my throat,neck and shoulders no answer as to why except no im not sick and no thrush! Heartbroken need answers i feel like no one cares anymore sigh.....

June 10, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My husband also had problems with Spiriva. Check to see if you have thrush. He took Nystatin and it cleared up. Doctor has replaced the Spiriva with Ultibro.

June 10, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Dee check with your doctor again. Is this your primary or pulmonary? Either one see now! Make them Listen to you. Repeat, Repeat , Repeat. I was told by a very dear fiend that I was hiring the doctor to help me. If he wouldn't listen, it was time to hire a new one.
Whatever you decide, you need to see a doctor.

June 10, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Surrey, BC

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Kansas City, MO

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Athens, TN