Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
June 24, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have stenosis and degenerating disc in my back and stage 4 copd and on oxygen i was told my ribs hurt because i only have 40%%use of them so thats probably whats happening rto you-take care

July 5, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

same with me.I just found out a few weeks ago that I have degeneration in my spine from arthritis.I also have alot of pain in my left rib.I started taking tylenol arthritis and it seems to help

June 28, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, I have hyperinflated lungs and had pain in my left ribs. Through tests it was determined that the pain was originally coming from degeneration of my back and travelling to my ribs. In my case, the hyperinflated lungs had nothing to do with the rib pain. It's worth getting it checked out.

June 27, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks Jean

June 24, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'd check with your doc. Some pain in the ribs is probably natural, but you might check to see if there's something else going on as well.

June 24, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Alberta Canada

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bowling Green, KY

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rochester, UK