Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭

Went to get a spirometry test the other day, and my pulmonary Dr. said I have very mild COPD. But I am constantly coughing and most times the flem is hard to get up. Sometimes it is thick white and others clear and not thick. But the cough and the pain and soreness in my chest , upper back and even under my arm pits hurt so bad I want to cry. Does anyone know what this is? Or have the same symptoms?

September 9, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

i have this and find a warm water bottle for few hours helps always helps me clear my chest .

September 11, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have very mild copd also. When I start coughing a whole lot my pulomologist puts me on steroids and antibiotics . That always helps. Better to stop it before it gets worse he tells me. Just got off of them today. No coughing just need to clear my throat every now and then

September 11, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was put on carbocisteine 375 mg x6 3times a day last year for a mucus blockage when in pulmonary ward last year and this helps loosen up mucus.

September 17, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I do pluse spasms
I needed electrolytes
Plus a muscle relaxant and something for the terrible pain

September 13, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Ya,,, the flute,,,, it REALLY works the throttle sounds shakes it loose enough and with a good lower in the stomach muscles get that shit up .

September 10, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Pietermaritzburg, ZA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Belva, WV