Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Pietermaritzburg, ZA

Started a couple of days ago and been feeling very tired and depressed.

January 26, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

hi yes I do get the back pain and find when my o2 is down I also get cramps in my arms and legs sometimes I feel my legs will just give out my feet and lower legs often swell up with fluid as well the worst the copd gets the bigger my ankles get . I do suggest a back xray regardless just incase it is caused by something else you can never be too careful we ve got enough problems with the copd don't neglect other symptoms thinking this is the cause its very possible it could be something else. take care and make sure to check out the xray just to cover your basis hugs lisa

April 25, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Maelin, prayers if you have back surgery. I was not so lucky, My Surgeon the Monkey (Dr Dohmn) the monkey would have done a better job. I can no longer walk but for one room to the next. I put his their cause he got rode out opf this town and is teaching now, so beware out there! Do your homework . I'm glad to see you have a good one in Texas. Stand tall slow and steady she goes. A Hiug

February 1, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I get back pain my consultant thinks it's where my lungs are permantly congested, it's worse when walking, it seems quite common with COPD.

January 27, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have had the same pain, upper back, arms, bending over makes me sick. I've had test done and found nothing. I swell up with gas so I take Beano to get ride of bloating. Sorry babe, it's all part of the disease. I take Aleve it helps some. Hang in there...

September 7, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Periodically I get upper back pain especially if my breathing is labored,also if the weather is cold or cold air is blowing on me

August 19, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Steinbach, MB

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Syracuse, NY