Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
carolreddick4301@gmail.com

I live at Brisbane Australia and have COPD and now on oxygen since mid August 2018. Anyone else on oxygen and how are you finding it? I've been really good since except for the lungs of course

October 1, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

i am End stage (stage 4) as well. I have been on O2 for 1.5 years and started slow. Have my home concentrator and was carting bottles around and then moved to the bigger ones with a pull cart. But now ive been using the liquid air that i fill my own back pack style and that lasts much longer and gives me demand or steady flow if i require the help. I was couch surfing for 6 months and went thru that hell of lonliness and despair! Then i joined a local clinic program and got some education, anxiety classes, diet classes, and exercise training to build myself up. I had lost all my muscle from working and was losing weight cause i couldn't breathe so eating was out of the question. Now im getting out daily, did some training and am back working my own business on my terms with my lungs on my back. Im limited what i can do, hate stairs and humidity even more, but im to stubborn to stop. I am very interested to learn about this stem cell research you spoke of. My resporolgists says to slug O2 as long as humanly possible before considering a lung transplant as that only gives me 5-10 years life expectancy! Grim stats that i dont look at very much. Im glad your making improvements. We are on borrowed time they would have us believe, so im going to make the most of it.

October 7, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have a home concentrator that works really well but I have a portable unit if I leave the house that’s not as good.my problem is that I live in a two story house so I have a lot of hose to constantly untangle.

October 4, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Im in windsor ontario canada recently purchased an emogen for more activity it really does help

October 1, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

We’ve all been there but the idea is to get up and just keep on keep on some days are good and some days are bad about one so good it seems like we really have a good attitude have a good day

October 11, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have a home concentrator Phillips Evergo and my portable is the only one that has both continual flow and pulse flow. The continual flow wears the battery power down very quickly so best to be used only where you can charge at same time. It's the Phillips simply go.

October 4, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Gastonia, NC

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
St Louis, MO