Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
December 7, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member...
Hello! I have stage 4 COPD (Emphysema) and was diagnosed with stage 2b Lung Cancer, Nov 2016. I had chemo and then added radiation and finished, Cancer free, in April 2017. I had all kinds of things to deal with with the cancer and treatments but I didn't have any really noticable copd result/reactions....
((Cancer)) was a pretty big distracton! LoL.
Still cancer free today. Having regular Ct Scans...
SuZz

December 7, 2018 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have stage III COPD ,and due to stage III A/B lung cancer I underwent maximum radiation, surgical removal of the top lobe of my right lung , and over 2 years chemotherapy. I did not view it as if I had any options at all. So far, I have beaten the odds and am still alive 6 1/2 years later. Best Wishes, judg69

December 7, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I've not had either, but there are many instances of radiation therapy interfering with breathing. It's something you definitely need to discuss carefully with your oncologist and perhaps ask that your pulmo and you oncologist consult with each other to determine their best recommendation for you.

December 7, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I had radiation for lung cancer in my upper right lung lobe... and it knocked me on my butt. The chemo was a breeze will NO ill effects. After the chemo I received radiation -- 3 weeks of precision radiation and yes, I believe it had a slightly negative effect on my COPD.

December 15, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

MD Anderson in Houston kicked the heck out of lung cancer )(non small cell) with 4 chemos and 4 small ones to be sure. The radiation was to make it gone forever. GREAT place!!!!. Hard to tell whether it was the cancer the radiation/chemo that enhanced the COPD ... COPD could have gotten worse, but the radiation kicked my butt! Took a year to get back to "normal" -- COPD was worse then but who knows what the cause was?

December 15, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Banning, CA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
San Diego, CA