Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glasgow, UK

Been having trouble on ans off fpr months but now its started driving me crazy!!
i just wondered if there was a connection between copd and reoccurring sinus infection?? Awaiting ENT appt. Thank in advance

January 11, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Oh yes,,,, the running of the nose.... get your air out of it ,,especially when your lying down. Take it off .let your nose rest. I had such a bad case of big absest looking thing in my nose. And all from that constant air ....I've got one that pops some air in there. When I need it...not constantly...
It hurts. And there's really nothing they can do...

January 22, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, I have problems with a runny nose and dizziness fairly often. The dizziness could be low oxygen, no idea what causes the runny nose, but it's a real issue when I'm using my oxygen! lol

January 11, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

thank you everyone,i dont have a runny nose as such only when i do a nasal rince do i get that . my family g.p. isnt very helpful he guves me tabs to help with dizziness but pulmonary dr had referred me to ENT for sinuses, so fingers crossed.
Hope everyone has a great day...x

January 12, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

DeAdney - I too have a runny nose and am on oxygen and it is annoying to say the least. No amount of blowing helps. In fact sometimes it gets so bad that when I lean over, it drips out my nose and that is so embarrassing and messy. I found that one extra strength Sinutab works for me. Good luck

January 11, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sinus infections can often trigger COPD exacerbations, so it's a good idea to get that condition treated. The more triggers you can eliminate the better.

January 11, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Windsor, ON

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Dorchester, UK

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chiefland, FL