Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Tellico Plains, TN
January 28, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Many people find that cold really affects their breathing. Not everyone reacts that way, but many do. Wear a scarf across your nose and mouth and that might help.

January 29, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, @A MyCOPDTeam Member, Winter / Dampness / Humidity / Cold or Raw weather can be bad for your ability to breathe. Some folks are bothered by the heat and humidity, and some folks are bothered by everything.

COPD doesn’t choose just one type; it’s an equal opportunity abuser, LOL.

January 28, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I block my mouth in the cold weather..Linda

January 31, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes..its harder in winter...try blocking mouth...it helps..Linda

January 29, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I live in a damp climate and winter is also harder for me. I find I spend a lot more time in doors...and am looking forward to the warmer weather again.

January 29, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Boston, MA