Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Milton, FL

What do I do if I have COPD and cant afford to eat right ? I only get $15 in food stamps and out of my SS check I have my house payment and property tax , high electric bill's, water and sewer bill's, doctor bills and 4 specialists I have to see that I have to pay $50 upfront and alot of times I get a balance to pay, plus copays on all my prescriptions. . I dont even have family that I can depend on to help. So how in the world can I even afford to eat right ? I can seriously understand older… read more

March 22, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

There was a church that we could to go to once a month and they would give us some foods. It was mostly beans and barely outdated canned foods but they stopped about a year and a half ago. But even then it was nothing very healthy .

March 23, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member as far as your meds,as long as you have a script you can get your meds from canada which can save you quite a bit.

March 28, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you. I'll check it out tomorrow as its after 10 PM here now and I have to come outside to use data on my phone . I'm not going to a nursing home or rehabilitation home though . I've personally seen how those poor people are treated and I'll just continue to eat an unhealthy lifestyle and deal with it before I get mistreated .

March 24, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member look in your phone book and see if you have a number for Elder Care. Maybe they can direct you in getting assistance. I was told each state has one. If you are put into the hospital there is a social worker there who can direct you as to who to contact. Also many senior centers have info.

March 24, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Do you have any food banks in your area? They can be a great resource for food and can definitely help your budget.

March 23, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Miami, FL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In