Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Marked Tree, AR

Does anyone take symbicort with mucinex, or is there medicine in symbicort that brings the junk up! The inly time i have a lot of mucinex is when i’m on symbicort! Was on Breo for a while & was never bothered with mucus, i was taking mucinex twice daily, i thought the Breo was causing me to get sick with flu like symptoms, but don’t know now! Symbicort causes me so much mucus, that i can hardly breath at times!

April 6, 2019
 · 
Reactions
Learn more about the drug treatment mentioned above.
A MyCOPDTeam Member

They have me on the symbicort, ventolin, As wel” As a breeze capsule inhaler , And also have the nebuliser with symbicort . But breath still very bad . So have not a clue what they will Do next .

April 12, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use the ventolin, plus Advair and Spiriva daily the last two twice daily. Without that I am in bed.

April 14, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I tried the Symbicort, but just couldn’t handle it! It kept me coughing & a sore mouth, even after each use I rinsed my mouth well! I thought the Breo gave me bronchitis, but now I think it was just this weather, so got back on Breo & so far a lot better! My pulmonologist is gonna love that after I called & told him I was going to try the Symbicort, oh well is all I can say!

April 8, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I agree. Talk to your doctor.

April 6, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The Mucinex is to bring up all that mucus and junk plugging your chest and airways. That's it jobs. Hubby used it with his Symbicort which is a steroid to help settle inflamed airways and congestion.. The two never bothered him, but it is always smart to ask your doctor and not others on the board. Everyone is different, can't stress that enough.

April 6, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ashby de la Zouch, UK

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Charlottetown, PE

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Albany, OR

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In