Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Albany, OR

I've just been put on [[treatment:Symbicort:54b5b0f408c929ed[[phone:16000434]] (2:]] puffs in the morning & 2 at night). What side effects have you Symbicort users experienced? Is Advair as good with less side effects. Thanks so much!

November 9, 2015 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
Learn more about the drug treatment mentioned above.
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Alison890 when you are any inhaler you should rinse your mouth with water to prevent thrush. I also gargle with the water and spit it out. When I take my inhalers my Dr. told me to hold my breath and count to 10 then gargle and rinse.

November 13, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Absolutely rinse your mouth out to try and avoid thrush. It can get so bad as to impede your breathing. Trust me on that one. I just finished off the tablets to get rid of a severe case. And sugar feeds it.

November 15, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If you are at a place where it is impossible to rinse, it will not harm you to take a drink of water, coffee or soda. This is not recommended for every time you use the inhaler.

November 13, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Use mouth wash, it's to keep from getting thrust

November 12, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My husband uses Advair because of our insurance. He also rinses. I use Foradil and Spiriva. I too rinse. Very important!

November 12, 2015 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Newburgh, ME

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Richmond Hill, ON

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Tiverton, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In