Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Coraopolis, PA

I am since my last exacerbation retaining CO2. With that I am not as able to do as much as before. More frequently short of breath and much harder time breathing. I am taking Acetazolamide to help get the CO2 out of my system. Since this situation occurred I am gaining weight. In the past couple of months I've gained 15 pounds. Could it be I'm less active cause I tire so easily? Also, if I were to try my exercise regimen at a slower pace is that safe? It take all I can do these days to make it… read more

April 27, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The drug you mentioned isn't meant to have anything to do with CO2 retention. You have a good advocate, and you should see a pulmonologist for your COPD issues. You need to use something like a bi-pap or a trilogy to help you reduce the CO2 your'e retaining. You can exercise, and yes, you should probably slow down. Your goal is endurance, not speed.

April 28, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

:ivingstar, go to www.copdfoundation.org and put COPD101 in the search engine. It's a series of 5 videos that explain visually what COPD is and how it affects the lungs. It includes very clear explanations of what happens with COPD, how it affects our breathing, CO2 retention and lots of other issues.

April 29, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have heard of the Trilogy Ventilator. My Doctor is old school and feels it would discourage me to breath on my own. Hello doc!... problem is I can’t breath.The medication which are pills are considered very dangerous and can cause as most meds more problems than I’m having already. My advocate is livid so has arranged for me to see another Doctor and seek a second opinion.

April 28, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I get rid of co2 by exhaling, too the MAX every 5th breath! Do this 4 times twice daily!
Helps me rid of headaches 😊😊🏁
Breath with a SMILE πŸ˜ŠπŸ€πŸ

April 28, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

thank you for asking the question, I had no idea how to treat this problem, so it was very informative to see the answers. good luck

April 28, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
New Brunswick, Canada

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Reno, NV

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
London, ON

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In