Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hampton, VA

Do you have a nebulizer? If so how often do you use it?

May 8, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use mine for times for my Albuterol, and twice a day for my Budesonide. And I have 1 Inhaler in the AM

May 9, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It depends on what med you're nebulizing and what was prescribed. Albuterol is usually to be nebulized at four hour intervals, or up to four times a day. Other meds are meant to be nebulized just once a day. So read your prescription and follow that. If you don't need it that often don't use it that often.

May 8, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I have a nebulizer and I use it 4 times per day. I seem to have some mucous plugging and Dr says this will help to clear.

May 10, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My nebulizer contains both Albuterol and Ipratropium Bromide. Doctor said both have to be ingested for lungs to benefit.

May 9, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Use mine if I get a tight feeling, which usually happens after the day, at dinner hour!

May 8, 2019

Related Questions

View All