Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Seneca, IL

Anyone else having issues with gag reflex problems while trying to take the maintenance inhalers? All of them are powder, so I do use a spacer which helps a bit, but still end up dry heaving or vomiting right after taking a dose. I have tried Breo, Dulera, and Combivent Respimat and all three so far have made me gag
I do feel it is important to note though, that I am currently pregnant, so the my gag reflex is a whole lot more heightened than when I had to take these medications prior to… read more

May 14, 2019 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have used Combivent Respimat for years and mine is not powder?

May 19, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

i use combivent inhaler also Advair both are ok so far.

May 20, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

To the best of my knowledge Combivent is albuterol and ipratropium bromide not an ICS.

May 20, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The only problem with Stiolto is my pulmo added an ICS which apparently only comes in the dry powder Ellipta inhaler

May 19, 2019 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

mine did to and i went to spriva respimat and then moved up to stiolto respimat and im fine now and the stiolto works well to ...

May 17, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Modesto, CA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Church Hill, TN