Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Peterborough, ON

Does bronchitis show up on x-rays? I had.one Tuesday, but the doctor heard the noises it makes plus all the GREEN super thick mucous. Put me on an antibiotic Levequin. Finding out today I am apart of the 1% of people who get nerve reactions to it. Went to a walk in and the doctor refused to give me another antibiotic because I've been on too many! I hadn't felt any better with the Levequin so now I am afraid of getting worse! Now I'll have to wait til Monday to call my actual doctor to see what… read more

June 1, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I don't know how accurate this is but I have been told that only pneumonia shows up on a chest xray. That and and lung cancer. I have nevet been able to take Levequin myself. It has never worked on any infection I've ever had. There are numerous excellent antibiotics on the market though. I know from experience that staying on antibiotics for to long stops helping. You need a break from them. Drink lots and lots and lots of water. That does help clear the mucous out of the lungs well. All the best to you.

June 6, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have been on antibiotics for 2 months straight. It is awful, but sometimes necessary. The fear is always that the germs become resistant to the drugs and they have to try to find something stronger. Take something to thin the mucous (like mucinex) and drink as much water as you can. Walking is good and will help your lungs clear out.

June 12, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member
Hi levequin is a very strong antibiotic. I have taken it before when I had pneumonia. You might want to try the ER or a Urgent Care but don’t let yourself deteriorate too much before your doctor returns.

June 1, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My friend used to react to Levequin. Do you have a pulmonologist? If not you need to get one. When you have a problem there is someone on call so you don't have to wait. As far as I know bronchitis does not show on a chest xray. I have only had a xray once because they thought I had pnuemonia. Hope this helps you.

June 1, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, please don't leave it and get really sick. Good Luck xxx

June 3, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Windsor, ON

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭