Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Smiths Falls, ON

Just wondering if anyone uses a stationary bike and what kind would be recommended from a COPD perspective? Appreciate any feedback. Do not really have room for a treadmill.

July 13, 2019
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members responded to a question about stationary bike recommendations for COPD with a variety of helpful suggestions, including Schwinn... Read more

Members responded to a question about stationary bike recommendations for COPD with a variety of helpful suggestions, including Schwinn recumbent bikes, the Teeter FreeStep, and the Nu-Step as solid options for home use. Several members noted that recumbent machines are especially useful because they allow oxygen use at home and put less strain on knees and backs. A recurring theme was that any form of exercise is beneficial for COPD, and members encouraged finding what works best for each individual, whether at home or at a gym through programs like SilverSneakers.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

I just bought an exercise bike from my neighbour. It is a Free Spirit 600. It shows your speed, distance, calories burnt' heart rate, pulse and time you peddaled.for. I don't think you need i more then that.

July 13, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

my stationary bike I keep on my patio and use it in the evening during the summer months

July 20, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Although I don't know the answer for you, when I was having physical therapy for COPD, I found out how helpful all the exercise is. I used to have a treadmill and when not in use, we just folded it up so it didn't take up much room. Now I go to the gym in the 55 and older community we live in so the cost is absorbed through our rec dues.

July 17, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

LBangle, you can use O2 with any machine in your home. The Freestep looks very similar to a Nu-Step and much less expensive. I hope it works for you

July 14, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

See that you are also A bridge player. Play duplicate every Tuesday prefer just regular old bridge but hard to find anything but duplicate here in K.C. MO.

July 19, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Penticton, BC

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Thornton, CO

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
St Paul, MN/MPLS