Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Maymont, Saskatchewan, Canada
February 6, 2020
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Lots and lots and lots of water works well for most people. Drinking hot water, whether you dress it up with a little tea, lemon, honey or whiskey works. Cold water is sometimes easier to drink in quantity. Mucinex works. So do things like the Aerobika and the Acapella for some folks. Postural drainage works, so does percussion, though you need another person for that. Nebulized saline solution works

Probably the most important thing is to figure out with your doc what the cause of wheezing is, when it occurs and what does it tell you about your own condition. That will help you figure out what to do about it.

February 8, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have stated on our site many times get an Aerobika device to loosen up mucus ask the person who was using a turkey baster how much relief she got from it. The age old saying you can lead a horse to water applies with the issue of having a productive cough or getting mucus loose from ones throat , this is a way to do so about $40 USD.
Here is a link.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aerobika-Positive-Expi...

February 7, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

No it should not be a solution....my Dr. does not like to prescribe because he says it is not good for your lungs.
the only thing I can think of is to get the mucus out then the wheezing should subside.....Use Mucinex to loosen and it helps expel the mucus.
There is also a device...Acepella? to help get rid of mucus.....Good luck.

February 7, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I wheeze if im laying to flat or a bad cent perfume and i dont get along

February 7, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member
Hi there, my name is Renee. I read your post and thought I would say hey. Your propping yourself in bed is a great thing to do. We all need sleep but when your awake from coughing and mucus and trying to catch a breath when your chest is so tight you can only get the tiniest breath and are in a panic. Oh I was just a mess. I used to wait as long as I could before going to ER. and every time I'd be admitted. Like every other month.. so the last time I was there they did not admit me. So everyday I just take my maintenance inhalers if my breath became short I'd of rescue inhaler every four hours. If I was still struggling I'd add nebulizer. If after 2 days I was still in a bad way I stopped everything and went to ER. Sometimes I needed an extra shot of rescue inhaler and sometimes I just went in after I started nebulizer. A RT taught me this it really helped. That has tremendously helped is a pill called Daliresp. Similar to Trilogy just different co. Since I've added that to my arsenal it's been a year since I've been in hospital and one trip to ER for a treatment.!
The mucus can be curbed a bit however I just needed to make the best of it. Have someone make you a soft cushioned slant board. Sleeping flat or just a bit doesn't cut it. When the mucus comes up., spit it out , a tissue and a garbage can... Oh joy?! Hot tea, coffee or even water with a slice of orange or lemon etc. Helps with mucus and throat thanks you too. Like everyone said water H2O water always helps
Dang I talk too much, sorry. Ciao for now ๐Ÿ™€ ๐Ÿ˜บ ๐ŸŒŽโœŒ๏ธ
Renee

June 11, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Boscobel, WI

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Wallaceburg, ON