Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Burton on Trent. Staffordshire

It is very uncomfortable for me to wear a mask, I have a exempt card but doesn't prove anything, where can I get an official except card or letter that proves I have C O P D If I am asked for proof

October 21, 2020
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It can be done. Your protecting yourself and your protecting others.it's hard I go turtle pace but I go. I lean on cart or I use my walker.but it's safer to wear one but you do what you want to for you.good luck!

October 29, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I wear oxygen and mask over it. It's very difficult but I would not go anywhere without a mask on.

October 28, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sorry, none such card exists. Your NHS website had a card on display but it was mostly worthless. There is no shortage of other sites trying to sell a Fake card to any takers.
Every government is responsible for protecting the health of its citizenry. But the duty filters down to the private business owner. Restaurants, pubs, barbers, stores, medical offices are LIABLE if anyone gets sick on their premises or from their services. They have every right to enforce the mask requirements.
With a second Wave coming, spend your money on a favorite snack and stay home to watch a movie. Let someone else carry your groceries from the store. Take care.

October 22, 2020 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

i have been trying to do the same stay at home as much as possible
still have to do the shopping unless through the internet
all the best

October 21, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I stay home but did buy a box of masks to hand out to others on the go. Son and DIL do my grocery shopping for me so they always wear masks. I have a problem breathing and wearing a mask so home it is.

October 21, 2020

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Coventry, RI

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jamaica, NY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In