Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Herefordshire
March 16, 2021
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was using 2 seperate oral inhalers daily, and was literally dieting to say the least. Along with my doctors advice, I was slowly taken off all including prednisone. That was in 2015, haven't used them since, what I do use is a DuaNeb in my nebulizer every 4 to 6 hours. And I'm alive.

March 23, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

They do little or nothing for me, i have been through them all powder ones are the worst as the majority of it never gets into the lung so are no use at all

March 16, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

That sounds very rough and scary. I don't tolerate pharmaceuticals and so have adverse reactions to inhalers. I came upon a video listed under Resources on this site on pursed lip breathing. A tremendous help and that makes reference to a website which seems to hold some promise of alternatives. I haven't contacted them but plan to. You may want to check it out: https://thehomerehabnetwork.com/#top

March 21, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Been through all the treatments and used every type of inhalers but they make little difference to me at all. I also have seen quite a Copd specialists and have had lung volume checks done numerous times. My lungs are knackered through arsenic salts and cadmium dust very toxic also asbestos dust all accumulated through cutting ships and submarines up i now pay the price for it

March 21, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

William Tasker, if you've been through all the powder inhalers, has anyone checked your inspiratory volume to be sure you can inhale hard enough to actually get the medicine into your lungs? If not, I would look for a pulmonologist who knows that if you can't inhale meds hard enough to get them into your lungs, then you prescribe nebulized meds. Then you can see whether medications do make a difference if they actually get into the lungs.

March 20, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Midlothian, IL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Colorado Springs, CO