Answer Summary
Members responded with strong support to the question about struggling to breathe even when oxygen levels read in the mid to upper 90s, with... Read more
Oh yes. I moved about 3 weeks ago to about 3000 feet higher in elevation. I was put on high flow last week, and I find this happens a LOT! Pursed lip breathing almost always straightens that out for me, though.
I agree even exercising helps me. Try to clear your mind I was also told about the rescue inhaler. There are other things also like the pursed lip breathing. Just one of those things. Enjoy your day.
Yes, this is actually quite common with COPD, and it can feel confusing and frustrating when the numbers look "normal" but breathing still feels hard.
With COPD, the lungs can trap air or become overinflated, making it difficult to breathe even when oxygen saturation looks fine. The effort of breathing itself can feel Show Full Answer
Yes thats normal for me, lung capacity is the issue I sound out of breath quite a bit!
Definitely! My O2 stats can read 98% and I'm really struggling..couldn't figure out why..it is fairly common. I was told part of it is the carbon dioxide still trapped in your lungs that you don't fully exhale.