Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Orangeburg, SC

I have had a couple near misses while driving, and they were both my fault. I can also be driving somewhere, and forget to make a turn I needed to, I didn’t forget where I was going,but just didn’t think about it. All of this happens after doing some manual work and not having my O2 with me.

September 28, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

my daughter and i have made a pact about me driving.. Only when my blood pressure is around a certain rate, only when my o2 stats are staying above 98 and when I feel safe. Otherwise you wait.. better safe than sorry.. Lord knows I don't want to hurt anyone else out of my selfishness of wanting to go somewhere now.. instead of waiting for a lift!

September 30, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, of course.Oxygen to the brain & in blood causes altered mental status.Simple as forgetfulness or more serious.

October 22, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

After being officially diagnosed, suffering lightheadedness etc, l made the conscious choice not to drive anymore can't trust myself

October 16, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

ya I don't drive much lol but I am not going to hurt someone.. anyone over being stubborn. I also lose cognitive abilities when my bp skyrockets .. part of the reason I do not drive much !

October 9, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You really need your portable 02 keep it with you. Have fun driving!

September 28, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jacksonville, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rolla, MO