Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jacksonville, FL
October 27, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I see we spoke years ago. I moved to argyle area from southside a few years ago to be closer to my daughter, but honestly, I’m still pretty isolated and really don’t mind. I sure hope you find a solution to your headaches.

November 1, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Lemon. I'm not sure they are closely related and this may really be a Q? for your Doc.
But I have read that being dehydrated CAN be a cause of sporadic headaches (because water changes blood pressure).

Here's an experiment you can try: Drink a full glass (or two) of water the next time this Headache seems to be coming on. IF things seem better when you check in a half-hour later, you might be on to something.

be Well

October 30, 2025 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I’ve heard that it can. Knock on wood, I have not experienced headaches yet and I’ve been into this since 2013. Where in Jax do you live. I’m near Argyle area

October 30, 2025
MyCOPDTeam

Can COPD cause headaches?

While headaches aren't specifically mentioned in the typical COPD symptoms, they can occur, particularly related to oxygen levels. When COPD affects your breathing and oxygen intake, it may lead to headaches.

Possible connections include:

- Low oxygen levels (hypoxia) from difficulty breathing
- Show Full Answer

Can COPD cause headaches?

While headaches aren't specifically mentioned in the typical COPD symptoms, they can occur, particularly related to oxygen levels. When COPD affects your breathing and oxygen intake, it may lead to headaches.

Possible connections include:

- Low oxygen levels (hypoxia) from difficulty breathing
- High carbon dioxide levels (hypercapnia) when the body can't exhale properly
- Fatigue and exhaustion, which are common with COPD
- Sleep problems, which can trigger headaches

When to reach out to your doctor:

If you're experiencing new or frequent headaches with COPD, it's important to contact your healthcare provider. They can check your oxygen levels and determine if adjustments to your treatment plan are needed.

Headaches combined with increased shortness of breath, confusion, or severe fatigue could signal that your body isn't getting enough oxygen, which requires immediate medical attention.

October 27, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Collierville, TN

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Terre Haute, IN