Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I stopped using inhalers for a week and voice improved and no blood but after a week back using inhalers voice is worsening and coughing up blood again. Any suggestions?

March 21, 2021
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'd definitely check with your doc regarding blood in mucous. That's not something that usually happens with either Symbicort or Spiriva. The hoarse, raspy voice is common. For that, you should probably try a different med. Don't dump both Spiriva and Symbicort at the same time. Choose one and discontinue with a different med in the same class. If you don't have a pulmonologist, get one. Your primary care doc probably isn't current enough with meds and treatment plans to play the game.

March 22, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

See your doctor something isnt right

March 21, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

See if your Dr. will let you try other inhalers to see if there is an improvement.

March 21, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

As a result of advice from fellow group members I called my doctor went for a visit and chest X-ray which showed a respiratory infection..and I’m now on an antibiotic and back on both inhalers..also I bought a spacer for my inhalers which has improved my voice

March 27, 2021 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am a master gardener with the local County Extension..my speciality is pollinator gardening

April 7, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wilmington, NC

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sarahsville, OH