Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Jersey, NJ

My provider says I sill have to find someone to rent one from. Does this sound right?

May 21, 2021
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have to have continuous flow too. I got a portable made by oxylife that goes to 3 liters continuous. I was told it was the only one on the market that gives you 3 liters continuous flow. I bought 8 spare batteries. I reduced my o2 to 2.5 liters and with 8 batteries I can go 8 hours. I hope this helps

May 21, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes you have to find an oxygen medical supplier wherever you are going to. They told me my current oxygen provider had to fax them a letter stating how much I has on. I guess like a prescription.

May 21, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I dont want to own them. I get the small portable that is pulse from the ox people as i do the big concentrator. When the portable died, they came out the same day and brought me a new one. The fact that they dont have a travel loaner that does continuous I’ll just live with. If it wasn’t for my rehab pal telling me his Ox provider does give him one for travel, i would thought to ask

June 2, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

O.K. now we got that out of the way. I didn't want to influence you, but my pulmonary Doc. ask me to stay away from them. You have to send them out for repair and do without till it gets back plus you can't get above 3lpm. He told me the same as I told you, if you need one for flying or what ever. Rent it. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

June 2, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I heard the same, you have to rent them, but surfing through Amazon the other day and they have them a whole lot cheaper if you want to buy one.

May 31, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Louisville, KY