Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Huntington Beach, CA

Has anyone been prescribed trilogy and how did it work for you I have copd and Dr prescribed the yellow label I thought yellow label was for asma is there a difference

September 30, 2021 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

p.s. I think its side effects because these cramps started when I had been on trelegy for a bit. never had this before.

October 17, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks Jean.
Our knowledge and experience is no more credible than our honesty in sharing it. A patient struggling to find the right treatment(s) is not going to respect their Doc more when he shares known options much later as an aside.

John was most correct. I need to challenge my Doc on this also. The 200 strength is NOT indicated for COPD
at all, only for Asthma. Now every one learned something today - So that's a Win. ๐Ÿ

September 30, 2021 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Trelogy is not advised for asthma; it's designed specifically for COPD. It's basically the three meds that are often prescribed for COPD all in one. It includes a LAMA, a LABA and an ICS, so it has two bronchodilators and an inhaled steroid. There is some evidence that taking them all at once makes a difference in how well they work. The only difficulty is if you don't respond well to the specific chemicals used. Many people use Trelegy very successfully and it works really well. Some don't have that good experience. You just have to try it and see how it works for you.

September 30, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I see my Dr today and I am bringing this up the 100mg is only made for copd the 200mg is supposed to be only for a asma I will update on what he says

October 5, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Understood. The Trelegy brand is one of the newer combination medicines (3-in-one) used for both COPD and Asthma. You can learn more about it here:
https://www.trelegyhcp.com/dosing-and-delivery/
The yellow label simply means that it has more of one ingredient (Fluticosone furoate, a steroid) in it than the previous version. This ICS steroid should help reduce inflammation in the breathing pathway and lower mucus and wheezing episodes. It is a controller medicine, taken once per day.
Other than that, our meds are not really classified by colors much any more. Hope this helps some. Be well.

September 30, 2021 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Sarasota, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
London, UK